Compatibility with other treatments
To maximize the results and achieve the best skin improvement you can combine microdermabrasion with these options during the same session:
- Omnilux™ Revive or Plus Light Therapy - for accelerated tissue regeneration and repair
- Extractions - for acne prone skin - to clear the clogged pores and prevent acne flair ups. Please note that acneic or very congested skin types might require our Signature Deep Pore Cleansing Facial treatment prior to a Microdermabrasion due to sensitivity or a number of extractions necessary - please consult your Lege Artis skin care specialist to find out what will work best for your skin.
- Algomask Clinical treatment - for soothing, redness relief and deep hydration
Microdermabrasion with Omnilux™ Light Therapy
Microdermabrasion removes damaged topical layers of the skin thus increasing the absorption of the therapeutic light and the effectiveness of the Light Therapy.
Omnilux™ Light Therapy enhances tissue regeneration, increases cell vitality and stimulates new collagen formation while also tightening the existing collagen.
Pre- and Post- Treatment Advice
For one week before and after your microdermabrasion treatment:
- Use a reputable sunblock with SPF30 or higher
- Avoid skin care products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, salicylic etc.), retinoids, hydroquinone, alcohol and fragrance
- Make sure your skin is not sun-burnt or irritated - do not tan or go to tanning salons
- Do not use any type of abrasive on the area - no scrubs, loofah, exfoliating glove, etc. Be gentle when cleansing.
- As excessive perspiration may irritate the treated area, we recommend to avoid heavy exercises for 24 hours after the treatment.
- If you have active acne - please consult with your Lege Artis skin care practitioner if microdermabrasion is the right choice for you
- Do not wax or thread the treatment area for at least 1 week before and after treatment.
- Consult with your skin care practitioner about how soon you can do another type of treatment if it is to be done on the same area - for example - laser hair removal, chemical peel, Vbeam laser, etc.