Microdermabrasion Process Video
Note: This video is not meant to demonstrate the final results, but rather to demonstrate the procedure itself.
Compatibility with other treatments
To maximize the results and achieve the best skin improvement you can combine microdermabrasion with these options during the same session:
- Omnilux™ Revive or Plus Light Therapy - for accelerated tissue regeneration and repair
- Extractions - for acne prone skin - to clear the clogged pores and prevent acne flair ups. Please note that acneic or very congested skin types might require our Signature Deep Pore Cleansing Facial treatment prior to a Microdermabrasion due to sensitivity or a number of extractions necessary - please consult your Lege Artis skin care specialist to find out what will work best for your skin.
- Algomask Clinical treatment - for soothing, redness relief and deep hydration
Microdermabrasion with Omnilux™ Light Therapy
Microdermabrasion removes damaged topical layers of the skin thus increasing the absorption of the therapeutic light and the effectiveness of the Light Therapy.
Omnilux™ Light Therapy enhances tissue regeneration, increases cell vitality and stimulates new collagen formation while also tightening the existing collagen.
Pre- and Post- Treatment Advice
For one week before and after your microdermabrasion treatment:
- Use a reputable sunblock with SPF30 or higher
- Avoid skin care products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, salicylic etc.), retinoids, hydroquinone, alcohol and fragrance
- Make sure your skin is not sun-burnt or irritated - do not tan or go to tanning salons
- Do not use any type of abrasive on the area - no scrubs, loofah, exfoliating glove, etc. Be gentle when cleansing.
- As excessive perspiration may irritate the treated area, we recommend to avoid heavy exercises for 24 hours after the treatment.
- If you have active acne - please consult with your Lege Artis skin care practitioner if microdermabrasion is the right choice for you
- Do not wax or thread the treatment area for at least 1 week before and after treatment.
- Consult with your skin care practitioner about how soon you can do another type of treatment if it is to be done on the same area - for example - laser hair removal, chemical peel, Vbeam laser, etc.